When we are thinking from the EHR aspects we always think about the Clinicians & Clinical part only but we are not looking from the billing & payer aspects in one integrated way and taking the best out of both the aspects in the vice versa manner.
When we consider from the Clinical perspective:
We are seeing the overall growth on the Rule Engines which helps as:
- Based on the Rule-Based Engine, a system can recommend the proven means for not only improving but also increasing the clinical and financial outcomes both together as both are tied together.
- Based on the Rule-Based Engine, we can identify opportunities to optimize revenue streams directly at the point of clinical decision-making.
- Billing Alerts can advise when a requested procedure or test won’t be reimbursed by the payer, as well as flagging duplicative care to avoid the revenue loss
- Alternative procedures or tests for which the payer adjudicates claims can be recommended over an initial, non-reimbursable choice
- Electronic flow of data captured in the EHR directly into the RCM increases overall efficiency, accuracy, and accountability
- Billing and payer intelligence can be integrated into the care cycle which we will enable a more informed focused on patient care, we have informed decision-making at the point of services which can lead to improved clinical outcomes and health management.
- When we consider from the Billing perspective, clinical intelligence flowing directly to the RCM provides multiple business benefits:
- When claims are occasionally denied, faster and more accurate processing withrich clinical documentation supporting claims can speed up denial resolution.
- Complete & auditable data capture can improve First-time payment rates, Reduce days in A/R, Speed up Charge Entry & Payments this all in turn improve increases the overall net collections.
- Consumers are far less likely to face hefty and unexpected out-of-pocket costs for tests or procedures not covered by their insurance plans.
- Real-time data flow from the EHR to the RCM solution reduces cycling time, with submissions getting to payers and patients more quickly. This also decreases the frequency for queries seeking information between doctors & back office which leads to the greater productivity of Back office staff.
- Issues can be identified and resolved in the earliest stages of the revenue cycle, preventing recurrent errors later. Reduction of errors and omissions at the point of clinical decision-making increases overall revenue capture
Clinical intelligence flowing in a closed and integrated loop from the point of care/clinical decision making to the RCM system delivers significant consumer benefits. Having the combination of clinical and financial data at the time the caregiver is engaging with the patient leads to a better dialog regarding options, engaging the consumer more directly in care and achieving a higher level of satisfaction with the healthcare encounter and provider.
OmniMD’s RCM offers comprehensive and powerful functionality throughout the financial lifecycle of your organization with the complete integration with clinical data from the OmniMD EHR and vice versa. OmniMD’s medical billing team under the billing services can take care of your most time-consuming responsibilities — claim submission, follow-up, denial management – focusing solely on getting you paid faster with incomparable efficiency and accuracy. OmniMD combines Clinical and financial expertise with our proprietary technology to deliver sustained, measurable value to you and your practice.
OmniMD has you completely covered.
OmniMD EHR, Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) and Medical Billing service have helped over 12,000 healthcare professionals improve their clinical operations, patient care, and collections.
Let us help you take back your practice, patients, and profits and maximize your revenues.