Per CMS, beginning in April 2018, Medicare patients would arrive at your office with new cards in hand. We’re committed to giving you the information required to help your office get ready for new Medicare cards and MBIs.
Here are 5 steps that could help your office or healthcare facility get ready:
- Go to our provider website and sign-up for the weekly MLN Connects newsletter.
- Attend our quarterly calls to get more information. We’ll let you know when calls are scheduled in the MLN Connects newsletter.
- Verify all of your Medicare patients’ addresses. If the addresses you have on file are different than the Medicare address you get on electronic eligibility transactions, ask your patients to contact Social Security and update their Medicare records with new address details.
- Work with us to help your Medicare patients adjust to their new Medicare card. When available later this year, you can display helpful information about the new Medicare cards. Hang posters about the change in your offices to help us spread the word.
- Test your system changes and work with your billing office staff to be sure your office is ready to use the new MBI format.
To learn more, visit: cms.gov/Medicare/SSNRI/Providers/Providers.html
OmniMD has you completely covered.
OmniMD EHR, Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) and Medical Billing service have helped over 12,000 healthcare professionals improve their clinical operations, patient care, and collections.
Let us help you take back your practice, patients, profits and maximize your revenues.