As per Anthem Blue Cross Blue shield, Preventive service procedure codes have been updated. Please be sure to file claims with the new codes according to the applicable dates of service.
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms
- Effective January 1, 2017, 76706 will replace G0389 for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms (AAA).
- G0389 is used for services furnished prior to January 1, 2017.
New flu vaccines –Medicare preventive benefit – Part B immunizations
- 90674 Influenza virus vaccine, quadrivalent (ccIIV4), derived from cell cultures, subunit, preservative and antibiotic free, 0.5 ml dosage, for intramuscular use
- This new flu vaccine code can be used for dates of service on or after August 1, 2016.
- 90682 Influenza virus vaccine, quadrivalent (RIV4), derived from recombinant DNA, hemagglutinin (HA) protein only, preservative and antibiotic free, for intramuscular use
- Currently, this new flu vaccine has not received FDA approval; therefore, this flu vaccine will be denied. Once approved by the FDA, this vaccine would be a covered Medicare Part B Immunization.
Smoking and tobacco cessation
- Effective October 1, 2016, G0436 & G0437 are no longer valid codes for smoking and tobacco cessation counseling services. Beginning with dates of service on or after Oct. 1, 2016, CPT codes 99406 and 99407 should be used to report smoking and tobacco cessation counseling services.
OmniMD has you completely covered.
OmniMD EHR, Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) and Medical Billing service have helped over 12,000 healthcare professionals improve their clinical operations, patient care, and collections.
Let us help you take back your practice, patients, profits and maximize your revenues.