Groups Must Register by June 30, 2017, to Utilize the CMS Web Interface and/or CAHPS for MIPS
As release by CMS recently, groups that intend to utilize the CMS Web Interface and/or administer the (CAHPS) Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems for Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) track of the Quality Payment Program are required to register before June, 30 2017. To register, group need to visit, the Quality Payment Program website. The registration period is from April 1, 2017 and ends on June 30, 2017.
Definition of group under MIPS included “A single Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) with two or more eligible clinicians (including at least one MIPS eligible clinician), who have reassigned their billing rights to the TIN. All the Eligible clinicians who want to participate as a group, would be assessed only at a group level, across all four performance categories of MIPS. The group would receive one payment adjustment for the group’s performance.
For 2017, only groups of 25 or more eligible clinicians that have registered for group submission, can report via the CMS Web Interface. Groups that participate in MIPS through qualified registry, electronic health record data submission mechanisms or qualified clinical data registry do not need to register. For 2017, only groups of 2 or more eligible clinicians that have registered can participate in the CAHPS for MIPS survey.
CMS would automatically registered those groups for the CMS Web Interface for the 2017 performance period who previously registered for group reporting under the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) via the Group Practice Reporting Option (GPRO) Web Interface.
If you need to remove your registration for Web Interface submission because your group has now fewer than 25 eligible clinicians, you should “cancel” your registration. If your group wants to administer the CAHPS for MIPS survey, your group would need to make an election via the registration system.
The registration period for groups who choose Web Interface or CAHPS for MIPS Survey as their data submission method is April 1 – June 30, 2017.
How to Register
- To register, visit Quality Payment Program website. You will need a valid Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) account with a Physician Value – Physician Quality Reporting System (PV-PQRS) role in order to register.
EIDM Account Information
- Open a New Account: To create or modify an EIDM account, review the Guide for Obtaining a New EIDM Account.
- Reactivate an Account: To reactivate or confirm the status of an account, contact the Quality Payment Program at 1-866-288-8292 (TTY: 1-877-715-6222) or firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday – Friday 8:00am – 8:00pm Eastern Time and provide the group name and TIN.
- Use a Current Account: To request a role to access the ‘Physician Quality and Value Programs’ application in the CMS Enterprise Portal, review the Guide for Obtaining a ‘Physician Quality and Value Programs’ Role for an Existing EIDM User.
For More Information
- Visit the Quality Payment Program website(https://qpp.cms.gov/learn/about-group-registration) and review the following materials:
- An Introduction to: Group Reporting in MIPS in 2017
- 2017 CAHPS for MIPS Fact Sheet
- 2017 MIPS: CMS Web Interface Fact Sheet
OmniMD has you completely covered.
OmniMD EHR, Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) and Medical Billing service have helped over 12,000 healthcare professionals improve their clinical operations, patient care, and collections.
Let us help you take back your practice, patients, profits and maximize your revenues.