Effective from 04/06/2017, If services billed with any combination of two or more of the following anesthesia modifiers on the same claim line, then it will not be eligible for reimbursement:
- AA – Anesthesia services performed personally by an anesthesiologist
- AD – Medical supervision by a physician of more than four concurrent anesthesia procedures
- QK – Medical direction of two, three or four concurrent anesthesia procedures involving qualified individuals
- QX – Qualified non-physician anesthetist with medical direction by a physician
- QY – Medical direction of one qualified non-physician anesthetist by an anesthesiologist
- QZ – Certified registered nurse anesthetist (CRNA) without medical direction by a physician
- Select self-funded products
- Commercially fully insured products
- Medicare Advantage HMO products
- Medicare Advantage PFFS products
- Medicare Advantage PPO products
OmniMD has you completely covered.
OmniMD EHR, Practice Management (PM) and Medical Billing service have helped over 12,000 healthcare professionals improve their clinical operations, patient care, and collections.
Let us help you take back your practice, patients, and profits and maximize your revenues.