Opthalmology Specialty EHR
Designed for the data-intensive needs of opthalmology practices, OmniMD’s Opthalmology electronic health record (EHR) software has custom-designed forms and workflows for every sub-specialty. OmniMD Opthalmology EHR is built to adapt to your practice workflow and is easy to use. Its complete EHR is 2011 CCHIT® certified for Ambulatory EHR and an ONC-ATCB certified complete EHR (2011-2012). OmniMD Opthalmology EHR is web-based, so a physician can access the patient’s record from any mobile device with Internet access. A fully functional, Meaningful Use compliant EHR, OmniMD’s specialty EMR includes all the features and capabilities essential to an opthalmology practice.
Opthalmology-Specific Forms and Workflows
OmniMD’s Opthalmology EHR contains comprehensive clinical content for general opthalmology, general optometry, glaucoma, vitreo-retinal and refractive surgery. Specific workflows include:
- Cornea and Anterior Segment, with easy to use, but detailed documentation on all refractions
- Glaucoma, Retino Vitreous, with automated clinical follow-up for tests requiring interpretation, blood work, radiology and medical clearance
- Quick Exam screens including refractive re-check (prescription and surgical), IOP checks, post-op visits, general and disease specific follow-ups. Ability to customize sensory exam screen, refraction screen – list the patient's glasses prescription.
- Pediatric Opthalmology, with detailed documentation of diagnostic tests for gaze, sensorimotor and other steropsis tests
Opthalmology-Specific Chief Complaint Workflows
OmniMD Opthalmology has workflows for all essential chief complaints or diseases, such as:
- Contact Lens Evaluation
- Corneal Abrasion
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Optic Atrophy
OmniMD Opthalmology EHR is capable of bi-directional integration with devices including autorefractor, lensometer, Heidelberg retina tomograph, computer phoroptor, corneal topographer and wave scan devices. It also is capable of bilateral communication with the American Academy of Opthalmology (AAO) Registry and National Cataract Surgery Registry.
Every OmniMD EHR has functionality which eases the practice’s operations, allowing physicians to focus on patient care. Those features include:
- Electronic prescribing (eRx)
- Voice recognition
- Ability to host on the cloud, onsite with OmniMD or on client premises
- Appointment scheduler
- Charge capture
- Easy integration with OmniRCM™, OmniMD’s revenue cycle management software
- Patient portal
- Additional capabilities can be added, such as:
- Document management
- Lab interfaces
Interested? Contact us.