OmniMD eRx product module can help providers receive Medicare incentives because it’s SureScripts certified, and meets all criteria for a Qualified eRx.
The SureScripts certification gives OmniMD the distinction of being a qualified eRx that has attained the highest standards of e-prescribing.
Medicare Incentives for Qualified eRx
According to the Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act (MIPPA) of 2008, any provider who meets the annual threshold of e-prescribing/patient volume will receive Medicare incentive payments. These incentive payments started at 2 percent for 2009 and 2010, dropped to 1 percent for 2011 and 2012, and will fall further to 0.5 percent in 2013. Those providers who fail to adopt eRx software would see a reduction in their Medicare reimbursements by 1 percent in 2012, 1.5 percent in 2013, and 2 percent in 2014 and beyond.
ePrescribing Features and Benefits
- Connects providers seamlessly to pharmacies and integrates their systems with the SureScripts reference system.
- Streamlines the entire prescription writing process, making it simple, fast, and accurate.
- Prevents common medication errors and automatically checks drug interactions, which help improve patient safety.
- Automates tracking of patient’s past medication history.
- Reduces overhead costs.
- Manages refills or discontinues medications with one-click.
- Offers customized prescription pad templates to optimize time and patient care.
eRx Key Features
- Directly writes prescriptions on internet-enabled devices.
- Offers real-time alerts on harmful drug-to-drug interactions, drug allergies, and possible drug-triggered diseases based on a patient’s EHR.
- Manages formulary of commonly prescribed, preferred drugs and lab tests ordered.
- Supports custom prescription and pad templates.
- Faxes prescriptions directly to pharmacy from the point of care.
- Complies with electronic prescription regulations.
- Automatically updates patient’s current medication list.
- Supports quick and accurate drug refills.
- Displays patient flow-sheet with drug and lab history.